Mitigating and monitoring environmental impacts of a Mining or Oil & Gas project – regardless of its size – is important. Serious environmental damages can engender various negative impacts on the project and the company, such as the loss of communities’ trust.
Thankfully nowadays, many companies take this challenge seriously. Management teams face many challenges when it comes to the implementation of a monitoring program: quality and quantity of gathered information, analysis, use and interpretation of this information, and limited resources just to name a few.
More from this category
- Measuring Social Performance: the Perpetual Quest for Accurate Reporting
- Complete Social Performance Dashboards with Maps, Graphs and More!
- Information Management Systems: A Powerful Tool to Help Fight Corruption
- A Turning Point for Social Acceptance of Mining Projects in Quebec
- Are CSR and Community Development Really Joined At the Hip?