Practices for integrating social responsibility throughout an organization
Once the core subjects of Social Responsibility as well as their issues have been analyzed, the actions identified should be integrated and put into practice in a holistic way throughout the organization. In most cases, organizations can start with the systems, policies, structures and networks of the current organization, though usually some activities are developed in new ways, with other considerations and broader scopes.
To integrate social responsibility you should consider:
1. The relationship between an organization’s characteristics and social responsibility, that is, the type and nature of the organization, its mission, vision, values, principles, code of conduct, internal and external stakeholders, value chain, among others.
2. Understanding the organization’s social responsibility, that is, how it manages accountability, determining the relevance and meaning of core subjects and issues for the organization, recognizing the organization’s sphere of influence and establishing priorities to address each subject.
3. Implementing practices to integrate social responsibility throughout the organization, in other words, how to raise awareness and develop competences in the subjects of social responsibility, determining the direction of the organization regarding SR, establishing priorities to approach each subject, building SR in the governance, systems and procedures of the organization.
4. Communicating social responsibility as to (i) the role of communication in social responsibility, (ii) The characteristics of the information: complete, understandable, responsible, accurate, balanced, timely and accessible, and (iii) The types of communication.
5. Enhancing credibility regarding social responsibility by implementing methods to improve credibility, improving credibility of reports and complaints, solving conflicts, claims and disagreements between the organization and its stakeholders.
6. Reviewing and improving practices related to social responsibility with regard to monitoring activities related to social responsibility, reviewing progress and performance, improving the credibility of the data and the gathering and management of information, improving performance.
7. Implementing voluntary initiatives for social responsibility.
More from this category
- Stakeholder Management Software: It’s Time to Change
- Stakeholder Engagement Software to Assist Land Acquisition and Resettlement
- 4 Success Factors to Choose Stakeholder Management Software
- 5 Reasons Why CRM Is Doomed to Fail at Stakeholder Engagement
- Stakeholder Engagement or CRM Software, Which One Is Right for You?