Around a hundred persons gathered on wednesday morning in Magog to demonstrate their solidarity for the victims of the oil convoy that derailed at Lac-Mégantic. Employees of Boréalis participated to this event that also aimed at collecting funds for the disaster victims. Many citizens of the region, youth and adults, paid tribute to the missing persons and grieving families. They also recognized the contribution of Magog’s firefighters who helped contain the blaze in the hours following the railway accident. At the end of the event, the Red Cross had already collected over 2 thousand dollars in donations, which was a partial result only.
Around a hundred persons gathered on Wednesday morning in Magog to show their solidarity for the victims of the oil convoy that derailed at Lac-Mégantic.
More from this category
- What You Should Know About the General Data Protection Regulation
- What’s New in Boréalis – Product Release
- Boréalis and Impact Resolutions Announce New Initiative to Support Better Stakeholder Engagement
- Join Our Team to Talk Responsible Mining at PDAC 2016
- Recent Partnership Between Boréalis and Cumbre del Sajama Will Provide New CSR Opportunities For the Mining Industry in Bolivia