Commercial LEGAL ADVISOR
Borealis is a well-established software developer that provides an innovative SaaS product to large international organizations. Our software helps clients improve their stakeholder management practices to build long-term, trusted relationships with their stakeholders.
As we continue to expand into new markets around the world, we are seeking a legal advisor who has experience in both the commercial sector and international relations to join our team as a Business Contracts Specialist.
The challenge that awaits you at Borealis
- Write, execute, and maintain all contracts with our clients and suppliers.
- Manage client contracts and the renewal agreement process.
- Participate in developing and executing contractual and business strategies.
- Help design and implement standard procedures, policies, and contracts.
- Identify and integrate SaaS industry best practices for drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Support our account directors in client negotiations.
- Advise internal stakeholders regarding the company’s contract requirements.
- Keep abreast of new laws and regulatory trends related to our industry which may affect the company. (Example: Understand how GDPR is applied in various countries/legal systems and how we can comply with these standards).
- Assist in obtaining ISO 27001 certification.
- The ideal candidate for this position has the following qualifications:
- An academic background in law.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in an administrative analyst position related to contracts, legal affairs or contract coordination, with a minimum of 2 years in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Strong negotiation and risk analysis skills to establish positive tradeoffs for the company.
- Able to pay attention to small details without losing sight of the big picture.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English (first language).
- Sound judgment coupled with keen business sense to propose innovative and pragmatic solutions that will move the business forward.
- Committed to handling sensitive and confidential information with a high level of professionalism, discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient in common IT tools (such as Microsoft Office 365, Filesite and DocuSign) along with good technical skills to learn new specific systems.
- Knowledge of laws applicable to international service business is an asset.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Knowledge of a third language is an asset.
Why join the Borealis team?
In addition to working with a team of dynamic and motivated colleagues, Borealis offers flexible working hours in a remote work environment (work from home), even after the pandemic is over. Of course, we will provide you with the tools you need to work efficiently.