Borealis is looking for a Network Administrator (Cloud) who likes to solve problems, who knows networks well, who is passionate about computers and who follows the trends in this field.
This position is 100% from home just like the rest of our team, with flexible working hours (37.5 hours/week) to adapt to our clients’ time zones. Possibility of national and international travel when the health situation permits.
Dynamic work atmosphere, combining the start-up spirit and the international dimension of our customers.
A day in the shoes of a Network Administrator at Borealis:
- Ensure the proper functioning, availability and reliability of IT equipment (AWS, Docker, Server, VMWare, Virtual Machine (VM), VPN, pfSense firewall, IP telephony, etc.);
- Install, configure and update IT and software equipment;
- Take care of the management of the private cloud (AWS) and ensure the proper functioning of data backups of all servers;
- Collaborate with various teams to coordinate services, identify and resolve infrastructure issues
- Work with developers on product evolution;
- Contribute to the development of automation processes to help streamline operations and procedures (Saltstack)
- Track alerts to ensure network availability and reliability.
- Ensure IT security is maintained;
- Contribute to the technological choices of network and security equipment;
- Analyze and identify potential issues with our systems.
- Implement and manage security processes and controls within the infrastructure and enterprise applications to ensure the security of company and customer systems and information (IT audits);
- Manage user access on the network;
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends; test new technologies and propose innovative ways to integrate them
If you are a dynamic, creative individual who wants to collaborate on the evolution of an innovative product, and are looking for a challenging job with responsibilities that match your potential and motivated, passionate colleagues, this job is for you.
- 100% telecommuting position
- 3 weeks of vacation upon hiring (prorated to the date of hiring)
- Group insurance
- RVER program
- Be part of a dynamic team!
- DEC or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another equivalent degree.
- Experience of 5 years or more in a similar field.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, Mac OS, SaaS and Cloud environments.
- Experience with database administration, including PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with monitoring/graphical systems
- Scripting (e.g. Bash, Python)
- Experience in network administration
- Experience in virtual infrastructure administration
- Experience managing infrastructure on public clouds (such as AWS)
- Experience in managing containerized applications (Docker)
- Experience in systems analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience in encryption key and certificate administration (SSL/TLS & PKI)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) configuration management tools (Saltstack, Puppet, Chef, Ansible)