1. The system aligns with both current and future needs of your project (or company)
- Fast deployment
- Cutting-edge / evolving technologies
- Configuration options to suit your project
- Ease of integration of your business processes
- Cloud-based (no investment in hardware)
- Years of expertise built into the product
- Guidelines that integrate CSR best practices
- Pre-defined reporting and analysis dashboards
2. The stakeholder engagement application can be up and running in less than a month
3. The social performance software aligns with best practices
4. Level of dependence on the software provider
The best systems or applications are always the ones that are easy to use, fun to navigate through and that don’t make us feel dependent on a third party. Point in case: of all the apps on your smart phone, which ones do you find yourself using the most? The ones that make your life simpler, or the ones that make you feel like you’re wasting your time? Let me clarify. Let’s say you have to choose between 2 apps to shop for flights. Both let you search for international destinations, rank flights per price / number of stops, offer alternative travel dates and let you save search history. But what if one of them sends you a push notification when your flight reaches its best price? Wouldn’t that be your application of choice? You’ve got nothing to do but wait for a low price alert to book your flight, rather than having to open the app and re-launch your search to get new results every day.
Of course, social performance software is more complex than a cheap flight fare finding app, but you’ll still be a lot more prone to use it if it comes with a good level of freedom. And that’s the final nail in the coffin for custom systems: for every little modification you’ll want to make, you’ll have to contact your vendor to see if they can make it. Standard systems on the other hand, come with a long list of editable parameters that you’ll be able to change from your application settings.
In the end, you’re they key to the success of your stakeholder engagement app
Boréalis online stakeholder engagement software is used by organizations around the world to successfully engage stakeholders and secure social license to operate in a wide range of industry sectors. To request a free custom demo of our software, contact us.