Insure grievance response and improve closing times
The Grievance Management module makes it easier to build trust with local communities and mitigate the social risks to project success by providing a structured and transparent process for handling grievances in a timely and effective manner according to industry best practices.
Establish a systematic and transparent
grievance resolution process
compliance with international regulatory frameworks such as IFC, IPIECA & ICMM.
Record and track grievances
- The grievance register is used to support a company’s grievance processes and can be used for auditing and reporting purposes. A core process is proposed for grievance resolution/escalation. It is inspired by best practices and involves steps such as registration, assessment, investigation, resolution and close-out.
- The core process can be adapted to suit a company’ business processes. In addition, a root-cause analysis tool is embedded in issues and grievance processes to identify action relating to potential risks.
Respond, investigate and close out
- Acknowledge receipt of all grievances in a timely manner so that stakeholders know you have heard their grievances and are taking them seriously – an important first step in building trust.
- Investigate the root cause of recurring grievances or those requiring special attention. Flag whether any project changes may be needed to retain social license to operate. Communicate project-critical information in a timely manner to the appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Confirm with stakeholders that their grievances have been resolved in a satisfactory manner. Close any unsubstantiated or fraudulent grievances with the reasons supporting this decision.
Analyze and report
- Analyze all received grievances and classify them according to priority and/or potential to negatively impact the project. Identify the action to be taken for each one.
- Report and map the number, category and status of grievances for a given period, as well as any grievance trends over time, profiles of those who submitted grievances, etc.
Features to help you standardized your grievance management process
Integrated GIS and mapping
See how we can configure Borealis to your needs to vastly improve your stakeholder data management.
© 2020 - Boréalis / All Rights Reserved.