100% virtual position (telecommuting)
This Full-Stack Node.JS software developer position will allow you to join a team of dynamic developers who work from the comfort of their homes. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, constantly growing company that combines the start-up spirit and the international scope of our clientele.
Our company and our mission
Borealis offers clients a unique software solution to oversee all of their stakeholder management activities and additional modules to strengthen the environmental, social and governance (ESG) aspects of their operations. Our software helps clients develop sustainable, trusting relationships with their stakeholders and make a positive impact on communities, local economies, and the environment.
With over 15 years of expertise, we have built a solid position in the market. This allows us to put our efforts into developing the best possible product at our own pace, rather than simply pursuing profit at any cost. You can expect to work with a team leader who is open to your ideas and never expects the impossible, just your best work and your creativity.
A look at your workday
As a full-stack Node.js developer, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that the software experience runs smoothly and that the data that flows through it is intact. You will have the opportunity to contribute from one end of the application to the other, from DevOp to UI in React, including Docker and the database.
Our B2B application is built 100% on open-source technologies. We use Node.js and React, with a technology stack that includes TypeScript, Postgresql, MongoDb, ElasticSearch, Mocha, Puppeteer, Eslint, AWS, Docker, and GitLab, among others.
Here’s what awaits you in this technological environment:
- Design and implement new features.
- Participate in the technological evolution of our software platform.
- Ensure the quality and performance of our application.
- Bring your ideas and your creativity to help identify the best solutions.
- Help plan the tasks for each sprint.
- Participate in the code review process.
- Contribute to the evolution of the continuous integration system (CI).
- You have a strong interest in Node.js application development and actively follow the latest trends.
- You like to code quality over quantity and push the limits of your talents on a daily basis.
- You are flexible, ambitious, resourceful, self-sufficient and have a good sense of humor.
- You are comfortable working in a team in Agile mode.
- You are curious to learn about our software and want to work at Borealis.
As a Full-Stack Node.js software developer, you probably have a degree in computer science or software engineering – or maybe you have already been coding for several years in various projects and using different technologies. In any case, what we are looking for is someone who lives and breathes code.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Node.js and React.
- You know (or are familiar with) the other technologies we use: TypeScript, Postgresql, MongoDb, ElasticSearch, Mocha, Puppeteer, Eslint, AWS, Docker, GitLab.
- You have a good analytical mind.
- You have already done an internship or worked in a similar position.
Founded in Magog in 2004, Borealis is a young and dynamic company in full growth that distinguishes itself by its passion for the development of software that allows its clients to ensure that their projects have a positive impact on communities. We have developed an intuitive web (and mobile) application for companies operating in various fields, including extractive, renewable energy, utilities, and transportation. Our mission is to simplify communications between projects and their various stakeholders.
Why join the team? You are a dynamic, creative person who would like to collaborate in the evolution of an innovative product. You are looking for a challenging job, responsibilities that match your potential and to be an active member of a motivated and passionate team.
With nearly 3,000 users contributing to projects in more than 40 countries, the Borealis application is positioned as a world leader in stakeholder relationship management.